Maple Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
20/06 Both guilds have been cleaned up! If you have been expelled and would like to come back, please give a jr master message!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of GMS for Australians?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The end of GMS for Australians? Empty The end of GMS for Australians? Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:47 pm

shadowkidv4

shadowkidv4

I have heard many people say, it's not called GMS any more and it's called NAMS ( north American ms) and that nexon is blocking international IPs. If this is true, what will happen to our accounts, hard trainning and etc(what ever you have been doing)?
On top of all that the nexon terms of service also say that they have the full right to delete any account for no reason. But then they will make or introduce a server they allows Australian IPs, but what will happen to our accounts? Will we have to start again? Or will they move our accounts to another database? Or what will happen? But the good thing is if they make an Australian ms, there is a high chance they will release NX cards in Australia( for those with no credit card (children)). Please report back here if you find anything.

2The end of GMS for Australians? Empty Re: The end of GMS for Australians? Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:54 am

xVnClericx

xVnClericx
Administrator
Administrator

While I have heard nothing about this, I do know that there are many other versions of MapleStory in different parts of the globe for different regions. As far as I know, they all came out before GMS was "phased out" of those regions, so if anything were to happen in Australia, there would need to be an Australian version of the game first.

Thus, until any Australian version of Maplestory is even advertised, there should not be any reason for Nexon to be blocking the IPs of various countries.

If however, an Australian MS does become a reality, it should be starting from scratch and won't have characters and accounts transferred over from GMS, for the simple reason that an Australian MS would not be released with all of the current content that is in the game at the moment (but would gradually be implemented with a number of large patches). Therefore, any characters that had items or were in areas of the game that did not exist would naturally be nonsensical, and so any fresh server would necessarily need to start with a clean slate.

I have taken the European version of MapleStory as my inspiration in giving this logic, but Nexon may not operate in the same way as it has done in the past, so we will all have to be on our guard for more information.

Also, just a quick point of reference, when you say "I have heard many people say...", are you referring to people in-game, or people on other forums or websites, or people in real life etc... Just so we can gauge the trustworthiness of this information and look into it more thoroughly.

3The end of GMS for Australians? Empty Re: The end of GMS for Australians? Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:54 pm

shadowkidv4

shadowkidv4

If we had to start over I would quit but, would there be a way to log onto GMS/NAMS still like a proxy or bypass?

Ty for the effort you put into your post above,Sharky

4The end of GMS for Australians? Empty Re: The end of GMS for Australians? Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:08 am

xVnClericx

xVnClericx
Administrator
Administrator

There are probably ways to do what you're suggesting, I've heard of people who can do things like that (I think), but I would have no idea as to how they do it.

I'm sure there's still be a way. Unfortunately, I don't see how it would be possible for them to credit us in anyway with the new server (as in giving us some in-game bonus for already having high levelled GMS characters), and I imagine it would just be like when a new server is realised. In the same spirit, we might probably enjoy permanent 2x for a few weeks to start the new server off, but that would really be the only compensation I could imagine that they would give.

5The end of GMS for Australians? Empty Re: The end of GMS for Australians? Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:12 am

Robert33333

Robert33333
Administrator
Administrator

that rumour's been around for ages. o.o you just heard of it? that was there like 1-2 years ago, haha.

i doubt it'd happen, it just doesnt seem like it'd happen due to the fact that nexon probably believes that it wouldn't be popular enough in Australia. but i dunno, up to them. about the character transfer, it could be possible, maybe a server dedicated to the players from GMS? that'd be pretty boring though, unless new people can still join that server. but it'd also be stupid, as sharky mentioned, if you see a brand new maple and there's already a max level. haha.

-just passing by again, i'll see you guys in 2 weeks or so :L

http://www.mapleaustralia.com

6The end of GMS for Australians? Empty Re: The end of GMS for Australians? Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Rany

Rany
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Nah, almost impossible for Nexon to bring up an Australia MS. Nexon's are business people, and they understand that the profit-efficiency will not cover up the cost to build a whole new server for Australian people. (Dunno why they build one here though T_T, stupid Nexon) So yeah, I agree with Robert and Sharky that the chance is pretty thin.

As for the Proxy stuff, I am just doing that as you speak. I am sure I can forward a fool-proof tutorial post here just to teach you how to bypass that freaking IP Block (took me like 2 years to compromise with the low gaming speed though =P). By for the time being, enjoy your maplings =D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum