Maple Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
20/06 Both guilds have been cleaned up! If you have been expelled and would like to come back, please give a jr master message!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MissTooMuch

MissTooMuch
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

'Windraiders are really good training!'
'OMG, WRs are EPIC EXP! XD'
These are some of the things you might hear about them, but what are they?
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Windra10
Name: Windraider
LV: 70 HP: 16,000 MP: 400 EXP: 800
Avoid: 30 Accuracy: 190 Speed: -40 KnockBack: 0
ATK: 300 M.ATK: 415 DEF: 265 M.DEF: 365

Windraiders are (like most other NLC monsters) one of the best HP:EXP ratio monsters. They have 0 KnockBack, meaning that even if you miss, they will get knocked back, and their KnockBack animation is much longer than most other monsters. It is also an 'aggro' monster, meaning that if it sees you, it will follow you, subsequently attacking you.
They also drop not many items, but drop DEX crystal ores, Scroll of Dagger ATK 60% and Blue Screamers just to name a few. It also drops a Windraider Badge, needed for the Phantom Forest exchange quest, which gives very good rewards.

How do I get there?
There are three areas where WindRaiders spawn well: Crossroads, Lower Ascent and Tornado Corridor. This guide does not cover on how to get to Tornado Corridor.

How do I get to the Crossroads?
Training at the Crossroads is recommended for player level 55+, 50+ if they are good enough. Razz
Getting there is simple, just follow these steps:

[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple015
Start at the Haunted House, located in New Leaf City after taking a cab.
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple016
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple028
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Dead_m10
Go Inside this portal.
Follow this guide closely here, and watch out for BigFoot; A giant brown yeti. It will deal 15,000 damage onto you if you touch it.
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Path_i11
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple017
You have made it to the Crossroads! Congratulations!

How do I get to Lower Ascent?
You must go a few more maps past these Crossroads to make it to Lower Ascent. You must also be prepared for a life-risking Jump Quest. Very Happy
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple018
Watch out around this area, as you are also risking your life here. Potions, defense/mobility buffs, should be cast here. Use skills such as stun & freeze whenever you need to.
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Stormb10
Stormbreakers aren't as deadly as...
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Elders10
ElderWraiths and Firebrands... I suggest you be extra careful and extra keen in this area. Remember, just follow the path of floating bricks and keep your HP high, you don't want to die in this area...

Is the Jump Quest to get to Lower Ascent hard?
It will be hard if you are going there for the first time, after a few tries, you will get the hang of it, and would have mastered the Jump Quest, not dying very often.
CAUTION: When attempting this jump quest, always wait for the pillar to approach, and then tail behind it, without bashing into it, while following the designated route that I have made. Please be cautious if you do not want to die!
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Valley10
Follow the path indicated on the mini-map. The Safe spots for Valley of Heroes I are in the following areas:
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple029
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple019
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple020
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Valley11
If you have made it to this point, good job! You have completely probably the hardest part of getting to Lower Ascent, but there is just a little more!

Valley of Heroes II:
In this area, just following the yellow path on the next screenshot will be able to take you through the map.
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Valley13
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple022
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple023
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple024
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple025
[Guide] A guide to Windraiders; Part I - How to get there Maple026
CONGRATULATIONS! You have successfully (I hope) made it to Lower Ascent, where savory exp awaits!

Well, the next guide will be the training methods on the CrossRoads and detailed on Lower Ascent. I'm sleepy now ~o~, gunna go back to play Maple. Razz Tell me if there are any problems, and no, I will not make a guide to Tornado Corridor, or donate you mesos... =/
All yours (and mine) >o<
MissTooMuch

Robert33333

Robert33333
Administrator
Administrator

Very, very good guide ;x now to wait for a mod to come by and rate this or something, or sharky could do it.

will thank this topic when button shows up o-o

http://www.mapleaustralia.com

xVnClericx

xVnClericx
Administrator
Administrator

Nice pictures, it appears well structured. I only actually looked at the pictures, but when I have more time I will read it in full and give my rating, but well done for now Smile

MissTooMuch

MissTooMuch
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Thanks guys! =D
I'll make a guide on how to train there later Razz

EpiqueAran

EpiqueAran
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Maybe you should include the quest for marker of heroism in this guide.

Last edited by EpiqueAran on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

MissTooMuch

MissTooMuch
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Lol... Maybe... Except I haven't done the Marker of Heroism yet... =/ I always go do the JQ. The problem for me is the Elders, not the JQ Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum